Monday, January 5, 2009

Paris, Marseille, Lyon

I've been moving about in France. At present, I occupy a table with another "youth hosteller" who is remarkably similar to Chris Martin (coldplay). He has no idea that my fingers are tapping and clicking about his face. ha.
I am en route to Madrid, where I hope to be enjoying myself june.

I'll tell a story from Lyon.

Last night a prostitute paraded herself before me, clothed in little more than her sensuality. Her hands followed the contour of exposed breasts, her lips puckering forth as she walked a straight line towards me. I was fresh meat, green and untested, little more than mere bait for a very hungry shark. But I, being the man of courage that I am, acted swift and sure. Pointing to my very recent acquaintance (Eric of Iowa, from my hostel), I shrugged, muttered something that vaguely resembled a sorrowful tone... in fact, I had never sounded so sorrowful in my whole life. I was sorrow. She saw that the sap that I was, slouched towards an unaware Eric, and I, breathing the magnificent midnight air, fled.
3 minutes past I was approached by eric ho, out of breath with excitement, exclaimed, "Did you see that sexual assault attempt?!" Once again, my courage broke forth in stunning glory, "I must have just missed it... crazy." Clearly, I had just lied to Eric. However, all was forgotten in mirth, as the accompanying Australian pleaded for me to stop sexually harassing Eric. Funny.
The laughs and the smell of alchoholic streets in Vieux Lyon are a step removed from my experience in nashville. I am told that stress and discomfort are the means of evolution. Perhaps my growth will come not from homeostasis, but from the midnight cold of foreign countries, being lost without communication, and from walks hand in hand with prostitutes and mirthful acquaintances.

Next, I promise to relate a story from Paris, marseille, or the quest for the Chateau d'If.

Favorite current song:
"My Oh My" - Casy Meikle
you can youtube it and see a video of him playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment